REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP) in the Horn of Africa
Grant No. D 1200-3A
Assignment Title: Selection & Employment of
Senior Program Coordinator
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Under the overall guidance of the Program Manager Health and Social Development of IGAD, the Senior Program Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of the secretariat and the implementation of the components of the DRDIP regional grant. (Detailed ToRs are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Senior Program Coordinator. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experience evidences .
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines mentioned above.
(i) Education and Experience:
- A Masters Degree in relevant Social Science, Law or Political Science;
- Experience in addressing Displacement/Migration management agenda in the Horn of Africa;
- At least 8 years of appropriate experience in the development and implementation of regional migration management and/or Forced displacement programs;
- At least 5 years of experience in program design and implementation;
- Demonstrated understanding of displacement and migration management issues at the regional, continental and international level;
- Experience working in the IGAD region is highly desirable;
- Experience with managing multi donor funds.
(ii) Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and program/project management, implementation and monitoring;
- Knowledge of, and involvement in, programs implemented by regional and international organizations such as IOM, UNHCR, EU, African Union are highly desirable.
- Experience in establishing migration and/or forced displacement management networks, analyzing information and deducing policy indicators.
- Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to organize and motivate others, and to work in a multi-cultural environments;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills; communication and negotiating skills; and planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Fluency in English is required. French is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment:
The appointment is for one year renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours: