INTERGOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY ON DEVELOPMENT (IGAD)
TERMS OF REFERENCE/JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: TCF Project Officer
Position Grade: P2
Duty Station: Djibouti, IGAD Secretariat
Reporting to: Coordinator, Development Partners
The European Development Fund (EDF) is the EU main instrument to provide development aid to African, Caribbean and Pacific countries.
The 11th EDF are programmes designed to support the Eastern Africa- Southern Africa – Indian Ocean Duly Mandated Regional Organizations (DMRO) and their member states to support peace and security, regional stability, regional economic integration, regional natural resources management.
The Technical Cooperation Facility (TCF) aimed to facilitate the implementation of the 11thEDF programmes for the EA-SA-IO regional programme and will be used for the identification and formulation of actions, sector surveys, consultations; policy dialogue...The TCF will run three years.
The overall objective of the TCF is to contribute to ensure the effective implementation of the Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean (EA-SA-IO) Regional Indicative Program
Under the overall supervision of the Coordinator of Development Partners the project Officer will be responsible for the facilitation of the project activities and provides administrative, financial and logistical support to the program.
- Core Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall:
- Carry out operational support activities in liaison with other divisions and operational units in resolving day-to-day administrative issues;
- Assist to prepare, organize, develop ,coordinate and ensure the implementation of the programs and activities of the Program
- To monitor all financial aspects of the program
- Assist to prepare, organize, develop ,coordinate and ensure the implementation of the action plan and implement programs of the Unit
- Assist in the preparation of Concept note
- Provide administrative support such as assisting consultants, responding to inquiries;
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, events, travel and accommodations arrangements and/or other related activities;
- Establish, maintain and update files, databases, records and/or other documents, develop and maintain effective soft and hard copy filling systems on a regular basis;
- Manage and update confidential files and records, ensuring that ethical and legal instruments are maintained and safe guarded;
- Sort, screen, review and distribute incoming and outgoing official correspondences including composing, preparing and ensuring timely responses to a variety of routine written enquiries;
- In liaison with the Procurement division, request and purchase office supplies on a competitive basis for storage and issuance;
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the programme, as appropriate including maintenance, inventory management, logistics security;
- Produces general memoranda, presentations and reports as directed by the coordinators and sector experts;
- Perform any other related work as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Social Science (Business management, public administration)
• At least 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities Specified
- Key Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in both English and French
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability in records maintenance and database management
- Computer literate
Terms and conditions of Service
This position is EU funded and is a non-established position whose contract terms are limited to the period of support; it may be renewed subject to performance and extension of the funding. The post offers attractive consolidated remuneration package.
Submission of Applications:
Only candidates who meet the profile of the minimum qualifications, experience and core competences stated above need apply. Submitted applications should be accompanied by the candidate’s detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees and give the candidate’s contact details (E-mail address and telephone numbers).
The applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Administration & Finance, IGAD,
- O. Box 2653, Djibouti,
Republic of Djibouti;
Applications must be received at the IGAD Secretariat by c.o.b. 27th October 2018.