INTERGOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY ON DEVELOPMENT (IGAD)
IGAD Information Management Unit
Job Title: Assistant Program Officer
Reporting to: CEWARN Conflict Analyst
Supervision: Head of the IGAD Information Management Unit
Duty Station: Nairobi
In order to enhance coordination of resilience related information, IGAD is establishing an integrated Information Management Unit (Unit) that brings together Resilience Analysis Unit (RAU), Food Security and Nutrition Work Group (FSNWG), and Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC). The Unit provides opportunity for CEWARN to contribute to and benefit from the resilience information generation in line with the expanded thematic focus of CEWARN. Consequently, CEWARN would like to recruit and place an Assistant Program Officer within the Unit. The Officer will be primarily deployed to the Unit but will maintain regular contact with CEWARN in executing his or her duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be CEWARN’s contact and resource person at the Information Management Unit,
- Assist in conceptualizing integrated IGAD Information Management Unit and in developing information management strategy, protocols and controls, including internal management of information, dissemination plan,
- Assist in implementing and regularly updating the information management strategy,
- Assist in developing and managing information sharing platform e.g. web portal,
- Assist in providing custody of resilience information assets,
- Gather information from relevant institutions which may be of use to both the Unit and CEWARN work including identification of appropriate secondary data,
- Support initial analysis of data,
- Facilitate integration of conflict early warning information into the Unit and vice versa, including exploring prospects for establishing and coordinating conflict early warning working group within the Unit,
- Ensure that information needed to support the work of CEWARN is regularly collected, organized and shared with CEWARN Conflict Analyst,
- Work closely with related CEWARN staff including Conflict Analyst, Data and Information Manager, GIS Officer and Situation Room Officer,
- Participate in CEWARN, Kenya CEWERU and resilience related meetings and provide necessary support in presenting relevant information,
- Support promotion of data and information sharing across IGAD fraternity,
- Undertake any other assignments that may be assigned by CEWARN Director, Head of the Unit and or their designates.
Language: Proficiency in English is mandatory while French is an added advantage
Skills: Knowledge of data collection methodologies, demonstrable ability to support generation of information briefs,
- At least Bachelor Degree or equivalent in information management or related field;
- Recognized professional qualification and membership in the Information Technology.
- At least two years’ work experience in executing functions in ICT undertakings or knowledge.
- Working in multinational and cultural environment.
- Knowledge of English and French language skill is an advantage.
- Computer literacy.
How to apply
Only candidates who meet the profile of the minimum qualifications, experience and core competences stated above can apply. Application accompanied by the candidate’s detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees and give the candidate’s contact details must be addressed to the following address and must be e-mailed / submitted in such a way that they are received on or before 2:00pm on 12th June 2018 . Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. The for application should be made to:
The Director, Administration & Finance, IGAD,
Avenue Georges Clemenceau,
- O. Box 2653
IGAD is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.