REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP II) in the Horn of Africa
Consultancy for the development of a social cohesion policy towards promoting sustainable reintegration of displacement affected populations in areas of return
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objective(s) and Scope of the Assignment
To work closely with Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation (MoIFAR) and IGAD Regional Secretariat (RS) towards the development of a social cohesion policy that promotes sustainable reintegration of displacement affected populations in areas of return in Somalia. (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Durable Solutions Expert. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (PROCUREMENT IN INVESTMENT PROJECT FINANCING-Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience required:
The national individual consultant should meet the following requirements:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in one of the following fields is required: Law studies, Political science, Public policy, Social science, International relations, Economics and another relevant technical field;
- At least five years of proven track record of consulting in the area of public policy development, legal frameworks and strategies;
- Experience on providing technical support at various levels of the Government related to tailored capacity building;
- Understanding of government policies, guidelines, legislation, and strategies related to social protection for displacement affected populations.
- Social science research knowledge and expertise, preferably in social cohesion and coexistence;
- Experience in translation of evidence for a policy audience;
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, communication, coordination and advocacy skills;
- Excellent research, analytical, reporting and presentation skills;
- Experience in the Horn of Africa region will be considered an added advantage;
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral communication skills in English. All reports will be submitted in English.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT: