REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
PRODUCTION OF VIDEO DOCUMENTARY ON GENDER AND RESILIENCE
In September 2011, the IGAD Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI) has since 2013 inspired and guided regional and national priorities to counter drought emergencies in East and Horn of Africa countries.
The IDDRSI Strategy (2019-2024) acknowledges that gender issues cut across and are integral to all eight Priority Intervention Areas (PIAs), namely: i) Natural Resources and Environmental Management; ii) Market access, Trade and Financial Services;iii) Enhanced Production and Livelihoods Diversification; iv) Disaster Risk Management; v) Research, Knowledge Management and Technology Transfer; vi) Peace Building, Conflict Prevention and Resolution; vii) Coordination, Institutional Strengthening and Partnerships; and viii) Human Capital, Gender and Social Development.
Against this backdrop, IGAD Secretariat requires the services of a development communication firm with demonstrated experience in gender and development to produce a video documentary on gender and resilience in the Karamoja Cluster, one of eight cross-border programming coordination mechanisms established under the IDDRSI frameworks.
The IGAD have received financing from the Government of Sweden and intends to apply a part of the Production of Video Documentary on Gender and Resilience.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The aim of producing the video documentary is to increase access by IDDRSI stakeholders to essential information and knowledge on gender and resilience for improved equity of programs,
. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in production of development communication materials in the realm of gender and development spanning a minimum of 10 years
- Experience of carrying out similar tasks in a setting akin to the Karamoja Cluster
- Demonstrated ability to produce broadcast quality video products
- Knowledge of gender perspectives in drought/resilience programming would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in and/or knowledge of the IGAD region will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- 1. The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) now invites eligible and qualified consultants/firms to submit their proposals as per theTORs attached.
- 2. Bidding will be conducted through the Selection, Evaluation and Award Criteria of IGAD Procurement Manual January 2017 edition.
- 3. For submission of accurate proposal, a complete and detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) in English language is attached to this Request for Proposal (RFP).
- 4. Individuals, consortium of individuals with a team leader or firms may apply fulfilling the requirements in the Terms of Reference.
A cover letter expressing interest must be submitted together with
- A technical Proposal
- Financial Proposal
- Letters of Reference for previous clients
- The email must clearly state the assignment applied for and marked.
- 6. The Technical and Financial proposals shall be sent to IGAD Secretariat Procurement Unit to address given below. Late proposal will be rejected.
- 7. Women applicants are encouraged.
- 8. The deadline for submitting the Proposals will be at or before 2:00 pm local time on Mondy 10th August 2020 and address for submitting of the proposals will be:
Administration and Finance, IGAD Secretariat
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653
Djibouti, Rep. of Djibouti